Festivals are the time when individuals devour particular meals which they usually wouldn’t. In India, it’s an unstated rule that cultural celebrations name for just a little rest of guidelines with regards to wholesome consuming and weight-reduction plan.
As we have fun Ganesh Chaturthi, some individuals might imagine it’s all proper to indulge in numerous sorts of sweets and name it ‘cheat-day’. However, as a substitute of doing that, they will go for loads of nutritious and wholesome meals and meals objects, which is able to give them the style they want with out compromising on well being.
Minal Shah, a senior vitamin therapist at Fortis Hospital, Mulund lists numerous meals objects which have to be had and those who have to be prevented throughout this Ganesh Chaturthi. Learn on.
* Ukdiche modak might be made with variations like coconut/cucumber/beetroot/chana dal. It’s undoubtedly on the must-haves for Ganesh Chaturthi.
* Rishi bhaji made on Rishi Panchami is a mixture of all of the seasonal greens and is a particularly wholesome festive meals to eat with chapati or rice.
* Thalipeeth can also be a nutritious festive particular made with multi-grains like chana dal, urad dal, rice and wheat flour, topped with some ghee or butter or curd.
Ukdiche modak might be made with variations like coconut/cucumber/beetroot/chana dal. (Picture: Getty/Thinkstock)
* Panchkhadya distributed throughout Ganpati visarjan is made from puffed jowar, puffer parboiled rice, chana dal, jaggery and dried coconut; it is usually a wholesome meals to attempt.
* Alu che fadfad, created from colocasia leaves, white corn, pumpkin, lal math stem (deth) and peanuts, is a vegetable supplied to Lord Ganesha, and is a must have.
* Kelfulachi bhaji created from banana flowers, black watana and coconut is a delicacy supplied to the Lord, and might be had this festive event.
Through the festive season, some individuals quick until the puja after which have a light-weight dinner, comprising soup, sprouts, and salads to steadiness the day.
Keep away from
– Ganesh Chaturthi is a pageant of desserts supplied as ‘prasad’. It’s essential to keep away from binging, particularly if they’re ready-made sweets.
Keep away from oily meals like sabudana vada, particularly if you’re fasting. (Picture: Getty/Thinkstock)
– Keep away from deep-fried meals like papad, fried karanji, fried modak, and many others.
– In case you are fasting, keep away from oily meals like sabudana vada, potato wafers. You possibly can embody fruits, buttermilk, lemon juice and milkshakes as fillers.
– Keep away from aerated drinks/sugary drinks.
– Attempt to keep away from visiting your family members, buddies or too many locations this yr to scale back your probabilities of contracting the an infection. Attempt to not devour roadside meals objects to forestall the danger of foodborne infections.
📣 For extra life-style information, observe us on Instagram | Twitter | Fb and don’t miss out on the newest updates!