National Yoga Awards 2019 were conferred by PM Narendra Modi. Awards were given away for outstanding contribution for promotion and development of Yoga. However, names of winners were announced during the International Day of Yoga, 2019.
Apart from this, PM Modi has also launched 10 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in Haryana. Ministry of Ayush has promised to construct 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres across the country.
Winners of Yoga Awards 2019
• Bihar School of Yoga, Munger (National Category)
• Swami Rajarshi Muni of Life Mission (Individual Category)
• Japan Yoga Niketan (International Category)
• Antonietta Rozzi, Italy (Individual-International category)
Winners of 2018 Yoga Awards are Vishwas Mandalik, Nasik (Individual- National category) and the Yoga Institute, Mumbai (Organisation – National category).
• Twelve commemorative postal stamps were also released by PM Modi to honour eminent practitioners, scholars, and Great Master Healers of AYUSH Systems.
• The achievements of the Great Master Healers of AYUSH Systems have been highlighted through these commemorative postal stamps.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched 10 state-of-the-art AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in Haryana
• These Ayush centers will empower society for self care by imbibing AYUSH based healthy food and lifestyle, social behaviour and use of medicinal plants for primary health care.