Why ought to Centre, not states, distribute vaccine to non-public hospitals, asks Mamata Banerjee | The Chhattisgarh

Owner : Communication Centre
Director/Editor : Rajesh agrawal
Contact : +91 7424902863
Email : thechhattisgarh@gmail.com
Reg. Address : Communication Centre, Opp. Sani
Mandir, Ram sagar para, Raipur (Chhattisgarh)

June 16, 2021

The Chhattisgarh

Beyond The Region

Why ought to Centre, not states, distribute vaccine to non-public hospitals, asks Mamata Banerjee

Alleging that the Narendra Modi authorities just isn’t following the spirit of federalism, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday questioned why the Centre stored to itself the precise of distribution of 25 per cent Covid-19 vaccines to non-public hospitals and to not the states.
The prime minister had on Monday introduced that the Centre has determined to purchase 75 per cent of jabs from vaccine makers totally free provide to states, whereas non-public sector hospitals will proceed to obtain the remaining 25 per cent.

Banerjee mentioned that she opposed the imposition of Items and Companies Tax (GST) on medicines, gear and vaccines required for the remedy of Covid-19.
Addressing a press meet on the state secretariat ‘Nabanna’ after assembly leaders of agitating peasants, she mentioned that from “Covid to farmers”, the BJP-led central authorities has pushed the nation into critical disaster.
“The Centre has mentioned that it’ll straight present 25 per cent of vaccines to non-public hospitals. Why by the Centre? The state implements the coverage of the Centre in a federal set-up,” she mentioned.

Taking a dig on the prime minister, she mentioned, “He solely is aware of methods to converse towards states. He solely is aware of about divide and rule. Why is there no phrase by the PM about withdrawing 5 per cent GST on Covid vaccines?”
Banerjee mentioned that the prime minister didn’t take into consideration spending Rs 34,000 crore from PM Cares Fund to completely vaccinate the individuals of the nation in all nowadays.

Had the Centre taken up the free vaccination drive on this interval, “we’d not need to lose so many voters within the age group of 18-45 years”, she claimed.
“What occurred to the promise by Modi earlier than the Bihar elections about free vaccination to everybody? So many months elapsed afterwards,” she mentioned. The Bihar Meeting election was held in three phases in October-November final yr.

“The PM mustn’t take credit score for the free vaccine coverage of the Centre now and will clarify what occurred in all nowadays,” Banerjee mentioned.
The CM mentioned that two crore individuals have been inoculated in West Bengal and the state authorities spent Rs 200 crore to obtain vaccines.

%d bloggers like this: